Re: Smurfing

  • From: Joe Provo - Network Architect
  • Date: Fri Feb 13 16:02:05 1998

> ==>Perhaps some of the folks on NANOG that use equipment other than Cisco
> ==>would like to share how they "configure their router for that"?  It would
> ==>be a nice service to everyone...
>
> http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.txt
>
> It has Bay Networks and Proteon information, and I'm adding Ascend
> information as well within the next week.
...and I've given Craig FORE, Livingston and DEC info.  I'm looking to
get some more CPE-ish vendors out to him as well.

> With Ascend, you must filter traffic to the broadcast address.
Am I the only one who thinks them not setting the knob to turn this off
is nuts?  To have to cut filters specific to each address on a case-by
case basis is a lot of work that some people won't take on, and clue-
challenged custromers will have difficulty with...

Joe