Operational issue: Mae-west

  • From: Dave Rand
  • Date: Fri Feb 13 13:14:59 1998

The good folks at MFS, in their continuing attempted at making mae-west a
more interesting place to attempt to peer, are doing yet more unscheduled
upgrades.  The latest is their attempt to add more cross connected capacity
in the form of an OC3 to giga5.  When they attempted this (in an unannounced
upgrade this morning), of course everything melted, and we enjoyed packet
loss up to 75% this morning to most of our peers.

If anyone can get MFS's attention, could you please remind them about
[email protected]?  It's a good way to let people at mae west
know about what's going on.

Dave Rand

--
Dave Rand