Re: Media query: ATM

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Wed Feb 11 16:16:16 1998

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this has been discussed in endless
detail on the Nanog archive.  I remember a day when reporters did research
but, I guess we are seeing the least common denominator once again.

In message <[email protected]>, James Glave writes:
>Hi all,
>
>I lurked on this morning's state of the net presentation, and I'd like to
>do a short piece on it for Wired News (http://www.wired.com). The MAE
>"fragility" and transition to ATM seems a contentious issue with many in
>the audience. Is there someone on the list who would like to offer their
>perspective on this, especially Mr. Feldman's observation in the Q&A that
>"the gigaswitch has reached the end of its useful life."
>
>What, briefly, is the controversy around moving to ATM for high-bandwidth
>data needs? If you reply, please do so with the assumption that I may quote
>you for publication. Thanks for your time,
>
>jtg
>
>            James Glave : Senior Technology Writer : Wired News
>                   http://www.wirednews.com : 415.276.8430

---
Jeremy Porter, Freeside Communications, Inc.      [email protected]
PO BOX 80315 Austin, Tx 78708  |  1-800-968-8750  |  512-458-9810
http://www.fc.net