Re: MTU of the Internet?

  • From: David Bowie
  • Date: Thu Feb 05 11:17:03 1998

Fletcher E Kittredge wrote:

> BBN Butterflys were one of the worst pieces of hardware ever built.

Pardon my ruffled feathers, but IMHO this is not so!  The Butterfly was
a fine example of a massively parallel computer.  It was, unfortunately,
seldom deployed with the full complement of 128 processors.

The only problem with the architecture was the "flexible-bus" technology
which made maintenance a bit unweildy.

BTW - I believe that the C/30 probably has the best uptime record of any
packet processor.  Many are documented as up 100% for years.

Anybody who has been online for more than 5 years probably had their
packets passed by them.

<off my soapbox and back into my cave>
--
David J. Bowie