Re: MTU of the Internet?

  • From: Scott Whyte
  • Date: Thu Feb 05 10:14:07 1998

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Phil Howard wrote:

> Users also perceive a better response if all the images are loading in
> parallel as opposed to them loading one at a time, even if the MTU setting
> to accomplish this smoothly has a net effect of a longer time for a complete
> load of all images.

IIRC, Mosaic was (is?) the only browser to force all the data to come on
one connection.  And we all see how popular Mosaic is nowadays,
unfortunately the market has spoken when it comes to perceived response
versus true response.

Scott Whyte 408.527.5713         |Any opinions expressed herein are
Network Supported Accounts (NSA) |mine and not cisco's...
CCIE 3340                        |