NANOG 12 Network/Internet Information

  • From: John M. Brown
  • Date: Wed Feb 04 17:18:30 1998

Here is some of the information people have been requesting.

CIDR Block is  206.29.134.0 /24
               206.29.135.0 /24

Default routers:
               206.29.134.1 /24
               206.29.135.1 /24
               nanog-rtr-01.ihighway.net
               nanog-rtr-02.ihighway.net

DNS Servers    206.29.134.10 /24  Both Forwards and IN-ADDRS
               206.29.135.10 /24
               ns1.nanog.ihighway.net
               ns2.nanog.ihighway.net

All IN-ADDRS will be of the form 206-29-13{4|5}-xx.nanog.ihighway.net

SMTP (For sending mail)
               206.29.134.11 /24
               smtp.nanog.ihighway.net

      This machine will NOT ALLOW relays from outside.  It will be
      monitored.  NO SPAM!

Shell Account: 206.29.134.12 /24
               shell.nanog.ihighway.net

               USER: Nanog  Password: Nanog
     If you hack it and crash it, I'll delete it! :)

Net Trek Server:  206.29.134.13 /24
                  netrek.nanog.ihighway.net

NANOG Traffic Stats:
                  http://mrtg.nanog.ihighway.net:80

There will be a DHCP server installed and operational.  This machine
will issue leases for about 100 addresses.

In addition __STATIC__ addresses will be self-assigned by going to
the terminal room and getting a slip of paper from a Clip-Board.  If
you have the paper, you have the address.  This sheet will also tell
you the default router, DNS, SMTP and SHELL account addresses.

In addition there will be a Net Trek server, for those of us that
want to play in the evenings! :)  It will be avail 3x24.

We will have over 350 Cat 5 10baseT ethernet drops available
in the main hall.  Please bring your LAPTOP.  You might want
to bring a power strip as well.

This is a BYOPC event!  Bring Your Own Patch Cord (25 feet min)

See ya in Albuquerque

[email protected]