Re: Rumored Large Fiber Break

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Sat Jan 31 21:43:37 1998

FYI a train derailment between Newark NJ and NY cut many fiber bundles,
and completely isolated Worldcom Switch #14 as well as affecting several
other carriers very severely. EBONE/ICM's STM-1 to the states from Stockholm
went down, along with a lot of other European stuff. Our East coast circuit
came back 10 minutes ago, apparently due to a reroute rather than a fix;
other's are coming back "slowly". Of course I had to tell the Worldcom
Intl NOC what the problem with their network was :-(

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)