Re: Rumored Large Fiber Break

  • From: Paul Thornton
  • Date: Sat Jan 31 20:14:09 1998

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Rodney Joffe wrote:

> GXN Networks is reporting a major fiber break that has affect most of
> the European/US connectivity. Does anyone have any more details?

The LINX route collector still sees valid routes through all of our transit
providers, although the choice of some paths is not normal.

Our peering session with route-views.oregon-ix.net is currently down, which
doesn't bode well :-(  I also cannot reach merit.edu at the moment...

Haven't heard any more - sorry.

--
Paul @ home.

Paul Thornton, Network Engineer, London Internet Exchange Ltd.
Tel: 07000 783797   Mobile: +44 467 372205