Re: Being blackhole by some one.

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Jan 24 06:17:18 1998

>I wonder if there is some kind of SOP before someone
>announce a route ?  I thought you supposed to lookup
>at radb first before trying to announce those routes.

There are lots of SOPs.  But there is no common agreement
an intersection of the various SOPs.  I've heard of some
proposals to automate the process, but I'm not sure how
successfull automating something we can't even agree on
common method of doing manually will work.  Unless you
believe that working code is the cyberspace equivalent
of making policy.

Automating things may make the simple cases go through
easier, allowing the humans to concentrate on the more
difficult cases.  For example, what to do when some
providers refuse to take part?