Re: Microsoft offering xDSL access

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Sat Jan 24 00:53:51 1998

On Fri, Jan 23, 1998 at 12:36:37PM -0700, Dave Siegel wrote:
> As for what US West tends to do with the bandwidth, they have an unregulated
> division called !nteract that will take care of that part.  It is
> my understanding that !nteract will advertise directly following US West
> commercials, but US West must still give you the choice of your IP provider
> when you order it from them.  Here's the kicker...!nteracts price is just
> $20/month.
>
> Since you
> a) can't colocate gear in a US West CO
> b) can't get the raw copper from US West, and in some states, not even if
>    you are a CLEC (like arizona, thanks to our lovely state congress)
> c) can't cost justify it even if you could do above
> you may as well buy their service.

Precisely the position they want us in.

I hate to say it this baldly, Dave, but is the check in the mail?

> I also hear rumblings that the current pricing is considered "promotional"
> and may change soon.

Yeah, once everyone's hooked.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,