Re: RLBM (un"protection" meathod)

  • From: sully
  • Date: Fri Jan 23 16:53:50 1998

>>The "no ip directed-broadcast" directive, if applied to all router
>>interfaces, will prevent your site from being a bounce site in the smurf
>>attack.  Unfortunately, it will not prevent you from being the end victim.
>
>So, the education initiative is that *you* and *I* need to explain to
>the masses why this needs to be done, no? We even have tee shirts. :-)

Well, it certainly is here....its on my borderline router now (in a few
mins).  Thanks Paul!

                       Tim Sullivan
	Senior Technical Support/Network Consultant
		  http://www.usinternet.com
        US Internet Corp - Full Service Internet Provider
 MN Based, running Windows NT, connected directly to the Backbone.
          "Get your Net's Worth" (tm)	(612) 222-4638