Re: [nanog] Re: Microsoft offering xDSL access

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Fri Jan 23 15:12:24 1998

At 02:34 PM 1/23/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> Nobody in their right mind would sell T1 to every customer and do 1000:1
>> overcommit of their transit links without some kind of bandwidth shaping.
>> Since that shaping is part of the engineering plan, the marketroids will
>> have to find some way to come clean about it in the advertising glossies.
>
>We've got 40 T1 ADSL customers coming into a single 1.1Mb SMDS connection

And I'll bet they're all at different speeds as well, both TX and RX.
It sounds like you have to play it by ear, that coming up with some
mathematical model is *almost* impossible.

Regards,

--
Martin Hannigan                       [email protected]
Director of Data Networks             V:617.500.0108