Re: Deciding whose network block is whose?

  • From: Sean M. Doran
  • Date: Fri Jan 09 08:31:33 1998

Geoff Huston <[email protected]> writes:

> My point was that one direction of addressing Sean Donelan's
> original problem was to clearly identify the point in the network
> where the announcement is originated and clearly
> identify the legitimacy of each advertisement incrementally
> through  the use of explicit signatures.

Grand, so you have all these little signatures floating
around.  Are you going to process them at all your
gateways, or are they there just in case something goes
wrong?  If the latter, how do you expect the signatures
might be used in practice?

> It does not address explicitly the issue of routing
> policy at a distance, which you identify as a bloody big
> scaling problem - and I agree that it is!

Is the problem you are trying to solve not "does X have
the right to announce prefix Y"?  Perhaps I am missing
something.

	Sean.