Re: Newbie question.

  • From: Joe Shaw
  • Date: Thu Jan 08 10:44:10 1998

Just about every router on the market (even the GRF) that is BGP
capable has some sort of BGP monitoring tool, though some have better
tools than others (I'm quite fond of the cisco bgp setup).  Good luck with
your BGP studies.  It's a complex protocol that works like no other, but
it's not that bad.  American Research Group offers a 2 day class on BGP
that they couple with a 2 day OSPF class that I rate very highly.

Also, once you start using BGP, http://nitrous.digex.net has some great
routing mirrors to show you if your routes are making it out into the
world.

Regards,
Joe Shaw - [email protected]
NetAdmin - Insync Internet Services
Fortune for today: "You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without
holding on." -- Dean Martin