Re: aggregation tool

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Mon Jan 05 15:03:11 1998

> Jared, Avi Freedman <[email protected]> had begun work on an aggregate
> evaluator some time back. A quick look at http://www.routes.netaxs.com/
> shows it has not seen new work since April of 1996.  I think your idea
> is very worthwhile - perhaps Avi can share some of his experiences with
> you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> David Van Allen - FASTNET(tm) / You Tools Corporation

Some people objected to regular posting of the info, as the aggregator
tool has no way of knowing whether there are reasons for specific
announcements - and people are afraid that poor aggregation results will
make them look "bad".

The tool is a bunch of grungy c-that-used-to-be-perl code, so I'd be
ashamed to release it, but we might start running it regularly if there's
interest.

Avi