Re: smurf, the MCI-developed tracing tools (was Re: Bogus announcement)

  • From: Darin Wayrynen
  • Date: Sat Dec 27 17:51:12 1997

> "DoSTrack v2.0
>  1997 MCI Telecommunications
>
> Code is available at: ftp://ftp.mci.net/outgoing/dostrack742812.tar
>
> DoSTracker WEB PAGE is at http://www.security.mci.net/dostracker";
>
> However, I was unable to get this to function properly with my Cisco.  It
> never got past the "Password:" prompt.  Any ideas?

I had to modify code to parse the password file.  I did not try to
determine if this was because I wasn't using the recommended
hardware/software platform, or because the tool was created to work
with a MCI specific environment.

Darin
--
                                    'shredding packets around the world'
Darin Wayrynen, Chief Technology Officer, (602) 303-9500, [email protected]