Re: smurf, the MCI-developed tracing tools (was Re: Bogus announcement)

  • From: Pete Ashdown
  • Date: Sat Dec 27 17:40:07 1997

Phil Howard said once upon a time:

>> 	Hello Karl & All,  Where or at what price are these tools
>> 	available.
>> 			Tia, JimL
>> PS:	In a further responce Karl was heard to say :
>>
>> > The bottom line is that MONTHS after these were made available your NOC crew
>>
>> 	I never heard nor was made aware that these tools were available,
>> 	even though I am an MCI Customer . :-(
>
>Same here.  Are they free or do they cost money?
>
>People want the tools.

"DoSTrack v2.0
 1997 MCI Telecommunications

Code is available at: ftp://ftp.mci.net/outgoing/dostrack742812.tar

DoSTracker WEB PAGE is at http://www.security.mci.net/dostracker";

However, I was unable to get this to function properly with my Cisco.  It
never got past the "Password:" prompt.  Any ideas?