Re: Bogus announcement of 205.164.62.0/24 by AGIS - CLEARED

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Sat Dec 27 16:06:23 1997

On Sat, Dec 27, 1997 at 01:36:27PM -0700, Darin Wayrynen wrote:

> > Wait until you get smurfed and ask them to use the MCI-developed tracing
> > tools and get a "duhhhhh" back in response.
> >
> > They might have fixed this by now (since we bitched LOUDLY about this) but
> > as of a few weeks ago the NOC had *no idea* how to trace this kind of
> > activity - at all - nor any desire to learn.
>
> Yes, we have them, and will attempt to use them in a real time
> situation if it occurs.
>
> Darin
> --
>                                     'shredding packets around the world'
> Darin Wayrynen, Chief Technology Officer, (602) 303-9500, [email protected]

You will NOW, after you were threatened with the loss of our account if you
refused to assist again.

The bottom line is that MONTHS after these were made available your NOC crew
didn't know what the hell I was talking about, and told me point blank that
it was *NOT YOUR FIRMS RESPONSIBILITY* to trace such an attack while it was
in process.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service