Re: Whoa; the 3 network?

  • From: Philip J. Nesser II
  • Date: Tue Dec 23 15:05:21 1997
  • Phone: (206)481-4303
  • Us-nail: 13501 100th Ave NE, Suite 5202, Kirkland, WA 98034

Roy supposedly said:

> A few years ago, I was surveyed by the Internic as to utilization of
> space that I owned in a former job.  I offered to turn back portions of
> the space (several class "B" worth).  I was never contacted again.

Returning space is easy.  If it is "legacy" space just send do the
following:  (From RFC 1917)

4.3 How to Return a Block of Address Space to the IANA

   Send the following form to [email protected] & [email protected],
   changing the $NET_PREFIX to the network being returned.

   Please update the contact information on the following net as
   follows:

   Netname: RESERVED
   Netnumber: $NET_PREFIX

   Coordinator:
     Reynolds, Joyce K.  (JKR1)  [email protected]
     (310) 822-1511
   Alternate Contact:
     Postel, Jon  (JBP)  [email protected]
     (310) 822-1511

If it is from a block of addresses assigned by RIPE or APNIC send it to
their [email protected] or [email protected]