Private interconnects

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Fri Nov 28 21:11:52 1997

Does anyone here happen to know if PSI is privately interconnected to any
of the big five yet?  I understand that you have to be pushing in the 30
to 45 megabits per second continuosly into the backbone that you want the
private connect with.  I am also told on no uncertain terms that IBM
Global net and Verio have each one or more private connects open.
And somewhat more tentatively that Digex is privately interconnected.

Feedback appreciated.

The COOK Report on Internet               For subsc. pricing & more than
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA     ten megabytes of free material
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)              visit   http://cookreport.com/
Internet: [email protected]             New Special Report: Internet
Governance at the Crossroads ($175)  http://cookreport.com/inetgov.shtml