Re: Advisory - tunneling of IP at exchange points.

  • From: Lyndon Levesley
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 14:20:22 1997

 I've received a swathe of private email pointing out other and more
complex methods of this exploit. The reason we were not keen to go
into detail about things like this is that the advisory was a "heads
up" to a large public forum and it would be nice if people would not
mention more detailed exploits on such a public forum as NANOG :)

 I can think of at least three methods to perform this exploit in
such a way as to invalidate the suggested, or in some cases *any*,
filtering and restrict detection to netflow and the like. My personal
view is that people that are clueful enough to do so probably won't
so I'm not keen to educate people in this way ;)

Cheers,

Lyndon Levesley
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)

--