Re: OPS: SECURITY new packet of death

  • From: Nathan Bates
  • Date: Tue Nov 25 07:31:29 1997

The obvious fix is to block at your firewall, gw, and/or router any
packet with a source address/port that matches the destination
address/port.

Several Cisco IOS filters have have passed through BugTraq mailing
list to solve this problem.  All of these filters can be located at:

        http://www.geek-girl.com/bugtraq

        Regards,
        Nathan Bates

On 21-Nov-97 Leigh Porter wrote:
> Charley Kline wrote:
>
>> > land.c is this program
>>
>> I tried it against a 7505 running 11.2(9)P and a 2511 running
>> 11.2(7a),
>> with no obvious bad effects. The announcement does not indicate which
>> IOS versions are vulnerable; I'd love to know.
>>
>> --
>> Charley Kline                                   [email protected]
>> UIUC Network Architect n stuff
>
>   I can confirm this, yet customers on 10.0 have had problems.
>
> I would like to know wether Cisco will be letting all those people with
> 10.0
> have free upgrades to 11.0 in view of the potential seriousnes of this
> bug.
>
> --
>
> Leigh Porter - Wisper Bandwidth Plc - http://www.wisper.net
> GeekCode     - http://saratoga.wisper.net:9999/~leigh/
> Set UR PC 3  - http://www.linux.org

Nathan Brock Bates <[email protected]> internetMCI iNOC <[email protected]>
The opinions expressed herein do not express those of internetMCI or MCI.