Re: Anyone planning to peer with these guys ?

  • From: Eric Osborne
  • Date: Fri Nov 21 00:06:05 1997

> Showed up on a mailing list, reportedly sent by Walt Rines from a Hotmail
> account.  If they set up their own network, that's A-OK with me unless, of
> course, someone foolishly connects it to the Internet.
>
> Regards,
> John Levine, [email protected], http://www.abuse.net, Trumansburg NY
> abuse.net postmaster
>
> ---------
> Cyber Promotions/Quantum Communications
>
>    Press Release
>
>    Spam Backbone Formed

		... etc ...

Also saw it on news.com (http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,16682,00.html).
What caught my eye was this bit at the bottom of the page:

		"The only thing that's going to turn us off is either a
		law or the antispammers finding a way to attack us to
		the ground," [Sanford] said.

		Wallace added that if the network doesn't work, then
		he will officially throw in the towel.

		"If this doesn't work, nothing will," he said. "If it
		doesn't go, then that's it for me--I'm done."

Cool.  All we need to do is blackhole any routes to him for a little while
(the oh-so-familiar and oh-so-easy "y'can't get thar from heah"), and he's
given up.  woo-hoo!

eric