Re: Netflow IP accounting and IP protocol numbers

  • From: brett watson
  • Date: Thu Nov 20 18:58:07 1997

  we complained about having to populate this info and i believe the
netflow folks will release a fully populated protocols/ports file in
v2.0 which is about 30 days away from release, i think.

  there will always be things like traceroute that use very high port
numbers and increment them along the path, or custom aplications so
you'll always have fairly large numbers of "other".  at least that's
been our experience.

-brett