Re: hmm..

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Wed Nov 19 00:44:23 1997

Ah, the "just lie back and enjoy it" point of view...(or at least "if
it comes off in the shower it can't be that bad".)

At any rate, this is all orthogonal to the point. If a spammer was
subscribing nanog to other lists just because he didn't like the
anti-spam discusson on this list that would be wrong, right?

Yes, keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out of
your head.

Spammers steal enormous $$$ from ISPs, and doubly so when their
customers complain about it incessantly and expect some sort of
answer, and spammers add nothing.

It's theft, plain and simple, and in our society we generally consider
theft to be wrong.

If I want to offer a service such as, eg, IRC, for money, that's my
business. If a spammer is trying to ram his business down me and my
customer's throat by sending, literally, gigabytes of unsolicited
email then that's a real problem, that's theft. You have absolutely no
right to make the comparison you make, it's morally confused.