Re: hmm..

  • From: Barry Shein
  • Date: Tue Nov 18 19:49:03 1997

> I just got a whole bunch more too.  nanog being subscibed to different
> mailing lists.
>
> Someone *is* playing with us.

One likely explanation is that a spammer is reading nanog and is
showing his/her/its displeasure with the anti-spam tone on this list
recently.

This sort of revenge is very common among spammers, in my first-hand
experience. Block a spammer from your site and shortly thereafter
various malicious things begin happening with disturbing frequency.

That's one of the big problems with spam. Perhaps most of you remember
when, quite correctly IMHO, women's* groups pointed out that rape is
not a sexual thing but, rather, a power thing?

Well, allow me to point out that, analogously, spam is not a
commercial thing...

* yes we should all know by now that rape is not, in absolute terms,
gender-specific, but nonetheless it was women's groups who were
associated with first making this point even if it doesn't strictly
apply only to women.