Re: AGIS Signing up New Spammers

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Sun Nov 16 21:45:36 1997
  • Newsgroups: local.nanog

>To my knowledge, there is no filter concerning abuse.net on our mail server.

I've had some entirely civil e-mail exchanges with Phil Lawlor and Adam
Hersh recently.  It's true, they're no longer filtering stuff from here.

If only they would get rid of Savoynet, which sends a blast of about
90 spams in a row to invalid addresses here every day (broken web
scraper, evidently) I would be much more impressed by their new
anti-spam policies.

See http://www.abuse.net/AGIS-report.html to see what AGIS customers
have sent here lately.  This page just logs spam sent to addresses in
my private domains like iecc.com, gurus.com, and services.net, not
anything forwarded by other people via abuse.net.  Considering that I
only have a dozen users, all friends of mine, it's an awful lot of
spam.

Regards,
John Levine, [email protected], http://www.abuse.net, Trumansburg NY
abuse.net postmaster