Re: I don't want to crash the 'net

  • From: gary flynn
  • Date: Wed Nov 12 14:35:22 1997

> From: Paul Ferguson <[email protected]>
>
> As an aside, a lot of the same information is contained at:
>
> BGP Technical Tips
>
>  o EBGP Sample Configuration to Load Balance over Multiple Serial Links
>  o Using the Border Gateway Protocol for Interdomain Routing

Indeed. The second one is written by the author of the book and
I found it very useful. However, the book seems better organized
with more examples and explanations. I found it worth the
investment.

His OSPF design guide was also helpful (shoot, it was a priceless)

Over the summer I went from:
oncampus RIP,classful addressing,static Internet routes to a single provider
oncampus/offcampus OSPF,partial CIDR,BGP4 to multiple providers.

My references were:

Routing in the Internet
Christian Huitema
Prentice-Hall
ISBN 0-13-132192-7

The afore mentioned book and Cisco BGP web page.

OSPF Design Guide
Sam Halabi
(from Cisco Web server somewhere)

RIP and OSPF Redistribution