Re: Announcing new route (What besides BGP?)

  • From: Bradley Dunn
  • Date: Wed Nov 12 06:06:22 1997

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Bradley Reynolds wrote:

> > Once upon a time, I used to also have to enter a new route into the raddb.
> > Unfortunately, it's been some time since I have done that and am
> > uncertain of the state of the raddb and whether or not it is still in
> > use.  Or, if it has been replaced/supplemented with something else.  Is
> > there a FAQ I should have bookmarked which contains this information?  Or,
> > if there isn't could someone point me in the right direction?
> >

> Half of the information in the raddb is outdated and erroneous.

That is why everyone should do their part and clean it up. Visit
http://engr.ans.net/route-dumps/
and make sure your AS is registered properly.

To answer the original question, yes, register your route objects in the
RADB. If you don't, you may experience reachability problems to some
providers. (Although ANS says that they don't currently deny unregistered
prefixes, you should still register.) For more info on registering your
objects, see: http://www.ra.net/RADB.tools.docs/register.html

Bradley