Current prefix length filtering

  • From: Forrest W. Christian
  • Date: Tue Nov 11 14:24:10 1997

I just recieved a new allocation from the internic.  I had requested an
/18 (based upon my previous allocation of an /18).  The internic
unfortunately has decided that an /19 is the largest block they can
justify allocating to me.  I don't want to get into an internic war here,
although I am not that happy about the size of the allocation, as I feel
that I've done everything right in conserving address space instead of
doing what some smaller providers do and allocate everyone a /24, which
would have consumed my /18 in 3 months instead of a year or so.

The real question I have for nanog is who is filtering on 209/8 for
prefixes longer than /18?  I'm quite concerned about connectivity to the
customers I'm going to have to put in this /19.  Have all the major
providers started filtering on /19's or am I going to have major problems
with this block?

Thanks,

[email protected]