ACSI policy and performance impressesions requested

  • From: Eric Wieling
  • Date: Tue Nov 11 11:05:57 1997

Has anyone here dealt with ACSI? They call themselves a "backbone"
provider.

We have had no end of trouble getting address space from them (They
refuse to give us a /24 (yes, a /24) without significant
documentation.)

When I asked about them delegating reverse DNS to us, they said "no".
They want to keep the delegation and do zone transfers from us.

Are these common policies with ACSI (or other backbone providers), or
are they just trying to be annoying?  My only experience with these
things has been SprinkLink.  They delegate reverse DNS to us, no
problem.  We have never had problems getting address space from them
(granted we are not asking for /19's)

Also, does anyone have any experience with the performance of their
network?  I was trying to test our connection to them and it was
horribly, horribly slow.  Accessing www.yahoo.com, for example, took
nearly 5 mins for the page to load.  Accessing the same page via our
SprintLink connection took all of 5 seconds.  I suspect it was
something on our network, but I wanted to get the impressions of
other people regarding their performance.

--
Eric Wieling ([email protected]), Corporate Communications Technology
Sales: 504-585-7303 ([email protected]), Support: 504-525-5449 ([email protected])

I don't bother to set my alarm clock anymore.  Someone always pages
me before I need to wake up anyway.