Re: MCI Accepts Worldcom's Bid? ; charset=us-ascii

  • From: Wayne
  • Date: Tue Nov 11 01:13:40 1997

At 6:34 PM -0800 11/10/97, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>Yo Al!
>
>On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Al Roethlisberger wrote:
>
>> Given WorldCom's past integration history with the UUNet, along with their
>> earlier offshoots like Gridnet; I would tend to agree that they will keep
>> these companies functionaly disparate at least for the near future.
>
>I got quotes for a T1 about 2 months ago.  MFS would only quote the telco
>portion if they also got the ISP portion...
>
>Believe it, WorldCom is starting to merge their divisions.  At least
>here in Silicon Valley.

Just two months ago I ordered from MFS/Worldcom a 26 mile point-point T-1
to connect our main sales/development office in San Francisco to our
equipment at the PAIX. No mention was ever made of bundling internet access
with it, and in fact I ordered it via a salesperson down in the San Jose
office. The price was very competitive -- in fact, it was exactly half what
Pac Bell quoted me.

If you need the name of a Worldcom sales person in San Jost that does not
suck, please email me and I'll give you her info.

--
Wayne D. Correia        Critical Path Inc.       tel: +1-415-543-2800
CTO                     320 First Street         fax: +1-415-543-2830