Re: MCI Accepts Worldcom's Bid?

  • From: Wayne Bouchard
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 19:05:48 1997

> With this merger, approximately 80% of the Internet will now be controlled
> by Wcom or it's companys.. wondering when an anti-trust suit will be
> filed..
>
> Eric

Anti trust? You gotta be kidding. Its not quite that level just
yet. Afterall, there is still AT&T, Sprint, BBN/GTE, AGIS, DIGEX, and
many others. Not to mention those outside the "big name list". Its not
even close to anti trust. If the business practices become
anti-competitive, perhaps. But for the deal itself, I think anti-trust
is overstating things.

Wayne Bouchard                             GlobalCenter
[email protected]
Primenet Network Operations                Internet Solutions for
(602) 416-6422   800-373-2499 x6422        Growing Businesses
FAX: (602) 416-9422
http://www.primenet.com                    http://www.globalcenter.net