Re: MCI Accepts Worldcom's Bid? ; charset=us-ascii

  • From: Eric M. Carroll
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 18:52:51 1997

> Pessimist Nathan?  I seems to me that it would be out of character for
> Worldcom to integrate MCI.  They didn't with MFS, ANS or UUNet.  Different
> market targets?

If you do not integrate them, then you do not get the economies of scale.
Thus your stock price fails to rise, and shareholders get annoyed, since
that is what they are approving the deal based on.

And if you think the backbone is tough, just give a thought to all the
different provisioning systems running around. You will need a very
sophisticated system to deal with all the "legacy" gear (for some
definition of legacy).

Scary.

Eric Carroll			[email protected]
Tekton Internet Associates