Re: MCI Accepts Worldcom's Bid?

  • From: Karl Denninger
  • Date: Mon Nov 10 13:42:20 1997

On Mon, Nov 10, 1997 at 10:12:53AM -0800, Paul A Vixie wrote:
> > Say bye-bye to the concept of peering, huh?
>
> I look at it more as "now the Justice Department has single large target."

Yes, with nice, large, concentric circles painted on the appropriate part
of the anatomy :-)

Frankly, this could be a *good* thing for the industry.  Among other things
large organizations have a habit and history of being unable to perceive
and act on market-based changes quickly enough to capitalize on them.

They tend to act like 900lb Gorillas instead, which is great if you're into
slow, plodding things, and not so good if you aren't fast enough to get
stepped on.  But eventually, stepping on people draws the fire of people
on the DOJ side of the fence.

Karl Denninger ([email protected])| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/~karl     | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service
			     | NEW! K56Flex modem support is now available
Voice: [+1 312 803-MCS1 x219]| 56kbps DIGITAL ISDN DOV on analog lines!
Fax:   [+1 312 803-4929]     | 2 FULL DS-3 Internet links; 400Mbps B/W Internal