Re: Cyberpromotions plans to acquire or merge with a national ISP?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Nov 07 03:19:02 1997

>Sorry Randy, there's nothing in this you can cut or paste into your Cisco.
>But I think that peering with a Cyberpromotions-partnered ISP would be a
>huge operational problem based on reports of AGIS's experiences with them,
>and I wanted to give everyone a heads-up that Cyberpromotions appears not
>to be ready to fold up their tent and stop spamming us all quite yet.

Quoting a phone company interconnection agreement:

   "The Telephone Company will administer its network to ensure the
   provision of acceptable service levels to all telecommunications
   users of the Telephone Company's network services.  The Telephone
   Company maintains the right to apply protective controls on any
   traffic that it carries over its network in order to prevent
   unsatisfactory performance to other users."

Time to talk to the lawyers again, sigh...

>      says three compaines are being considered, and all have peering
>      agreements through 2006 or 2008.  "That allows us time to make this

Since almost all peering agreements are covered by NDA's, who in the
know could refute him.  Hint: Does a 10 year peering agreement sound
too good to be true?