Re: IPv8 < IPv6

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Thu Nov 06 14:26:09 1997

  Jay R. Ashworth demanded:
> And, as I noted in a private reply: justify that statement.

  Physical topology is likely to map to geographic topology.
  Circuits certainly do take odd L1 paths to connect L1 endpoints,
  but these are exceptions, not he rule.

  Accordingly, not allocating in a geographic fashion lends to
  deaggregation, which is bad.

  Even me, as a proponent of fully meshed architectures, recognizes
  that hierarchy is demanded, and will give rise to efficient
  network announcments if properly utilized.

  -alan