Re: New MAE-EAST

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Wed Nov 05 13:37:10 1997

On Wed, Nov 05, 1997 at 12:46:50PM -0800, Adam Hersh wrote:
> With all of the problems with MAE-EAST.....
>
> Any plans from anyone to create a ATM exchange point in the DC area?

I can't think of a reason why somebody would do that.

All of the problems that mae-east is having is a clear sign that
providers need to move their big peers off of the public fabric and
onto private interconnects.  Aside from the engineering problems, it
just seems so difficult to justify having such an important part of a
backbone's existance controlled by a third party.  As these recent
problems have illustrated, either that third party is either not
capable or not willing to fix the problems.  Either way, the end
result is the same.

Alec

--
|Alec Peterson - [email protected]    | Erols Internet Services, INC.        |