Re: moving to IPv6

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Sun Nov 02 14:55:18 1997

Randy,

Randy Bush wrote:
> > What problem is IPv6 solving?
>
> IPv6 solved the problem it was intended to solve.
> And IPv6 did not even have to be deployed!  Many people consider this to be
> a good thing, as IPv6 has not really been demonstrated to improve anything.

I must remember to publish my EGP stargate 99 proposal which
by use of parallel quantum-mechanical computation evaluates
optimum routing path based on all known network performance
and policy criteria. By publishing this, MAE-East being
broken will instantly no longer be a problem for us ISPs. :-)

Seriously: IPv6 - spot on.

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)