to control spam let's break the net?

  • From: Robert Laughlin
  • Date: Fri Oct 31 11:20:28 1997

Well spam is bad, but I do not think this is the answer either.
DataXchange has spent lots of efforts at spam control, but apparently Karl
does not think we have done enough. Based on receiving this one email,
relayed thru us, he has decided to put a block in place.  Most of our
customers use portal.dx.net and other machines in the same address block
as a mail relay, so he has effectively cut off most of our ISPs and their
customers from his net. Of course maybe his network is pure, and he has
found the magic bullet that stops any of his customers from spamming or
relaying spam from any of his hosts or his customer's hosts.

Regards,
Robert Laughlin
president
DataXchange                sales:  800-863-1550            http://www.dx.net
       Network Operations Center:  703-903-7412 -or- 888-903-7412