Re: Problems with specific routing policies for each exchange point

  • From: Jake Khuon
  • Date: Thu Oct 30 23:50:20 1997

### On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:02:02 -0800, [email protected] (Mark Tripod) wrote
### to <[email protected]> concerning "Problems with specific routing policies
### for each exchange point":

MT> I ran in to a little problem yesterday with my peering sessions wih the
MT> various route servers around the country. The problem was that I was not
MT> receiving routes from particular ASNs anymore. With a little help from Jake
MT> at Merit we were able to pinpoint the problem in my rs-in configuration. It
MT> seems that I was importing two different AS macros that each referenced the
MT> other (AS-GENUITY and AS-NAPNET). This created a loop in the macro parser
MT> on the route server which in turn nullified my routing policy.

I would reccommend anyone referencing any of those two macros in their rs-in
or rs-out to discontinue doing so at least until which time I can throw in a
bugfix to handle looping expansions.  Currently the expansion routine in the
preprocessor will reach a depth limit and then spit out an error which gets
interpretted by the main routine as a bogus expansion.  This will nullify
that import.

--
 | Systems Research Programmer, IE Group       /| /|[~|)|~|~ N E T W O R K |