Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Thu Oct 30 05:23:31 1997

> How about a new RFC outlining a method of dynamically delivering a relay
> host native to whatever service provider you dial in to ?? That way, any
> e-mail can be traced to a supposedly responsible end-user by the
> victimized ISP ??
>
> Naaaaa.

Na. Howabout making sure that *every* dial in user has a fixed IP
address. This way you can match *in real time* or later, without
logs who did what. OK this only fixes dial-up accounts, but that
is a majot part of the problem - and permenantly connected sites
already have fixed IP address space.

To anticipate the next flame - it is feasible, we do it. Demon that
is.

Peter
--
Peter Galbavy