Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Wed Oct 29 23:56:18 1997

[ On Wed, October 29, 1997 at 15:40:01 (-0600), [email protected] wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful
>
>[....] (Contrast this to bulk postal
> mail, which only costs the sender anything.)

A popular, but unfortunately all too untrue fallacy.  Bulk snail-mail
costs us all on the less tangible side.  Here in Canada our postal
service would like us to believe that bulk mail subsidises the cost of
first class mail, but in the opinions of many the savings are hardly
worth those less tangible costs that might affect us much deeper than
just our pocket books.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>