Re: Tracking SPAM (Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Wed Oct 29 19:23:00 1997

On Oct 29, Phil Lawlor <[email protected]> wrote:

> AGIS is kicking this, along with other ideas around.  We spent a great deal
> of resources on the IEMMC thing, and that didn't work out well.  Thought
> I'd toss the caller ID idea out to get feedback from this list.

	I have to applaud you for this -- lots of folks didn't think
	the IEMMC thing would work (for exactly the same reasons that
	it failed, interestingly enough), but unfortunately there was
	no open channel of communication with y'all at that time.

	If there's interest, I'd be happy to start up a mailing list
	for backbone types to discuss this stuff, since there's likely
	to be some debate as to whether it's on-topic for this list.

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-650-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."