Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Tue Oct 28 17:19:16 1997

On Oct 28, Martin Cox <[email protected]> wrote:

> As a customer with separate ISP connections for business and personal use,
> I would pay, as a feature, for SPAM blocking that was managed by my ISP. I
> believe ALL your major business customers would pay to have SPAM blocked
> from delivery to their employees.

	I really don't want to get into moral arguments on NANOG, but
	this one I really take issue with.

<SOAPBOX>

	Specificially, I feel that it is Very Very Wrong[TM] to charge
	people so that they don't receive messages that almost everybody
	agrees should not be sent to them in the first place!

	If the spammers had not been allowed to run rampant for as long
	as they currently have (and we all know who let them do that),
	this would not even be considered a viable option.

</SOAPBOX>

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-650-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."