Re: Spam Control Considered Harmful

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Tue Oct 28 14:49:21 1997

On Oct 28, Daniel Karrenberg <[email protected]> wrote:

> Some of them are esentially centralsied methods of controlling Internet
> content.  Paul's anti-spam feed for instance prevents users of some
> providers from seeing spam.  The user has no choice; they cannot opt to
> receive spam other than by switching to another provider.  Even worse:
> they may not even be aware that they are "missing" some content.

	Users should be aware if their ISP is blocking something,
	no matter what it is.  However, that's not a technical or
	operational issue...I'm not sure what category it is.

J.D. Falk                         voice: +1-650-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations      fax: +1-650-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.              http://www.priori.net

"The People You Know.  The People You Trust."