Re: OK.

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Sat Oct 25 13:34:12 1997

  It's my opinion first and foremost that you are not a moron.

  Moreover, and keeping with the operational charter of the newsgroup, I
  would not recommend that folks enable r* commands on their cisco
  routers.

  When automated access is required, automating access with stored
  passwords can be done quite handily.

  While one must focus on protecting the sanctity of the stored
  passwords, one doesn't have to focus on the security of forged r*
  logins.  Protecting something within a host, rather than a network
  segment, is probably simpler in this case than the converse.

  $0.02.

  Most web page access, odd-statistics gathering, and ease-of-use
  tools with which I am familiar use ^expect^ to implement such.

  -alan

Quoting Alex Rubenstein ([email protected]):