Packet over SONet/SDH (POS) experience?

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Sun Oct 19 04:39:52 1997

There has been a recent bit of scare mongering from Lucent about PPP
over SONet/SDH over on the IETF-PPP list.  Has anyone (that has
deployed) been having incident reports?

For anyone seriously interested in the deep technical issues, you might
send "subscribe pppsdh" to [email protected]  I hope to
cover operational issues in the next revision of RFC-1619, so I'd really
welcome folks already deploying this on the Cisco or Ascend.

[email protected]