Re: BGP tables [follow up]

  • From: Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI
  • Date: Mon Oct 13 13:42:09 1997

   Thanks for the responses, but I guess it helps to be very explicit with
my questions.  The specific problem I'm trying to solve is this:
We buy transit through X providers via X*2 connections.  Lately however it
seems that each of them has truncated our access-list.  It was rather hard
to figure this out, though they did rebuild their lists as soon as they
figured it out.
   By 'automated' I invisioned a script that would look for our netblocks
in public bgp tables and warn me of any increase or decrease.  I'll get
back to you after I've got a working model.
Thanks for the ideas,

--Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI DPG, 360-816-3508