Re: UUNet Routing SNAFU

  • From: ken emery
  • Date: Thu Oct 09 12:29:58 1997

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Steve Meuse wrote:

> At 09:12 AM 10/9/97 -0500, Phil Howard wrote:
> >Mark Milhollan writes...
> >
> >> AT&T has been allocating customers from 12/8.
> >
> >And how many routes has it been split up into?
>
> According to nitrous, they are not announcing anything more specific than
> 12/8.

There are about 80 networks out of the 12/8 netblock allocated
and advertised.  Most of these are /19's, some are larger and
a few are smaller (a couple of /20's).  As someone from AT&T said
earlier in this thread "they are being allocated to customers as
if it were a nonportable block and the only way you will see the
more specific routes is if the customers multihome"  (or something to
that effect).  I haven't seen any of these subnetworks of 12/8 advertised
by anyone other than AT&T.

bye,
ken emery